Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Sad Ramblings

I wrote this during my second year of college in Davis. I was not doing well in school and was incredibly homesick.

Sometimes, I ask myself why I am here. But, there has to
be a reason why God places me in certain situations. THERE
HAS TO BE A REASON. Either, to learn more about myself, to
learn to not give up, or to realize that no matter what,
life goes on. Sometimes, no matter how hard I try, it's
still difficult to be where I want to be. However, trials
and mistakes exist to teach lessons. Every unpleasant
thing that happens to someone should be taken as a
blessing because of the lesson learned. I have to accept
everything...every blessing, every hurt...everything!
Because if I don't, I'll be going against the flow of my
own path. Things happen for a reason. And with God's will,
everything is for my happiness.
----------------------------------------------------------
It's one of the most heartfelt and honest things I voiced out. I vividly remember typing this. Reading this now, it really shows how sad I was. I don't regret my Davis experience. I learned so much, met amazing people, and really it taught me how important family is. But, Dorothy was so right. There is no place like home.

2 comments:

m.roq said...

so emo here hah?! i feel that everyday so don't worry you're not alone...that's why im still stuck in school...damn it!!!

My Sunshine said...

Om my gosh!! That was a very heartfelt, emotional letter!! I feel you girl, but look where you are now? You did it!!! You accomplished your goal.. to be an RN! Congrats again!