Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Insanity!


I should have said "YES!" to the early cancellation call I got this morning from work. They didn't need me. We were overstaffed. The super nurse or maybe even the greedy part of me declines. I was overly convincing myself that it will be okay, and anyways I could really use the money this holiday season. BIG MISTAKE!!! Work was pure lunacy! Admission, blood transfusion, SNF transfer, leaking IVs, and yes even a patient of mine expired today (patient was considered hospice)...I went through it all. I almost cried at work today, in the middle of acknowledging a doctor's order or something. I'm writing this blog for my sanity; simply because I need an outlet. My job's unpredictability can get nerve wrecking, but somewhat makes work exciting, but I enjoy it. In all honesty, I think I'm pretty good at it. You can't please everybody, but I can tell that most of the patients I've handled truly appreciated the care I've provided. Today was a challenge. I always say though, the shift will end no matter what. All I can do is my best, really. It's chiz wiz, but it truly gets me through. Another day, another dollar...

MOOD:My Unkymood Punkymood (Unkymoods)

1 comment:

m.roq said...

wow! your are right the shift ended =) and yet dollars earned...more smileys ;) ;) ;)